Baked Chicken and Rice
I have been using this one pan baked chicken and rice recipe for years. It was shared with me by a mommy group friend and I love how easy it is to make. No standing over a hot stove for this recipe. It is one of those all-time favorite comfort foods. It’s a must in your meal rotation. Plus it’s a budget friendly dish. Win, win!
All you do is mix the soups and water, then mix in the rice and celery. You can do the mixing in a bowl or like me, just do it in the pan. Place the chicken on top with butter and bake. You can use any boneless, skinless chicken pieces you like. Also, you can use more or less. Depends on how many you are feeding and how much chicken you are going to need. This feeds 3 of us with leftovers for lunch the next day. The butter adds flavor but also helps the chicken to brown a little.
I take the chicken out and shred or chop it up. It’s your preference. This dish can easily be doubled for a crowd too.
Mix in the chicken or just serve along side. Enjoy!
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 can Water (soup can)
- 1 cup Uncooked Rice
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 2 - 4 Boneless Chicken Breast or Tenders
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix all three soups with one soup can of water in a 9x13 pan.
- Add in the rice and celery, mix well.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Place 1 - 2 pats of butter on each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 2 hours, uncovered.