The Best Ever Pancakes
This recipe for pancakes came from my sister. She made them every Friday morning before school for her kids. Not any other day of the week mind you. You will never purchase another box/package pancake mix again. These pancakes are light, fluffy and just slightly crisp around the edges.
We made these one morning when my daughter had a friend sleep over. We should have doubled the recipe because there was not even one pancake remaining for the husband or me.
Look at that lovely stack of breakfast heaven!
Whisk the dry ingredients together. Separate the eggs. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, including the egg yolks. ( but not the whites)
Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
Fold the egg whites into the batter. Heat a griddle/large skillet. We use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to portion the pancakes on the griddle. When the pancake forms bubbles and they start to pop, flip the pancakes. Cook until done.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix with a handheld mixer oil, milk, and egg yolks until incorporated.
- Whip egg whites to a stiff peak.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- Cook on hot griddle until bubbles start to pop, flip, cook until done. (we use a ⅓ measuring cup)