In our house this dish was dubbed cheesey beefaroni. Tomato based sauce mixed with pasta and beef then baked with loads of cheese. Super easy weeknight meal that the entire family will love. And I bet you have all the ingredients in your kitchen at this very moment.
Prepare the pasta and meat sauce, mix and place in baking dish.
Top it with loads of cheese. Because it’s the best part, right? Bake.
Let rest about 10 minutes and serve. Delish!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 8 ounces Elbow pasta
- 1 small Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1½ teaspoons Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 1 15 ounce can crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Tomato sauce (the kind in the can w/out seasoning)
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the pasta according to the box instructions to al dente.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef (drain if too much fat), add onion and saute until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, parsley, oregano and red pepper flakes, cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes, cook to warm through.
- Mix the tomato meat mixture with the pasta, pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Let rest about 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from ruhlman