Crockpot Bean & Ham Soup
We all love a good crockpot soup recipe, right? Just set it and go. I prepped the veggies the night before, placed them in a storage container and popped them in the fridge. This Bean & Ham Soup recipe was a hit with my family. (And my weeknight cooking blues)
I placed all the ingredients in the crockpot, turned it to low and set the timer for 8 hours.
So to make this soup thicker, I removed the lid at about 6 1/2 to 7 hours of cooking time and let it keep cooking until we were ready to eat. I would say that was about 2 hours later. You could make a slurry or just mash some of the beans with a potato masher.
- 32 oz Dried Northern Beans
- 1 Ham bone or diced ham chunks
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 Carrots diced
- 4 Stalks Celery diced
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 4 cup Water
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp of Thyme
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Sort beans and remove any debris or rocks.
- Rinse beans under cold water.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Then cook on low for about 6 hours (until beans are tender)
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Recipe adapted from raininghotcoupons