Mom’s Sour Cream Pound Cake
My mom’s sour cream pound cake recipe has been a favorite in our family for as long as I can remember. I have always called it my mother’s pound cake but I think she acquired the recipe from someone’s aunt. This is the only pound cake I have ever baked, it’s my daughter’s favorite cake and is requested often. There is usually an argument over who has the last piece.
Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time. Add dry ingredients alternating with the sour cream. End with the sour cream.
Beat well, add flavorings (if desired) and pour into the prepared pan. Bake.
Let cool at least 30 minutes in the pan. (or until easy to handle)
- 2 Sticks of butter
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups Sugar
- ½ pt (8oz) Sour Cream
- 3 cups Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a tube pan with butter and flour. (or baking spray)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the sour cream. Ending with the sour cream.
- Beat well, add the flavorings (if desired) and mix again.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.