One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
This One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables dish is super easy and oh my, is it delicious. My family just raved about the taste of this dish. This dish may be simple but it’s good enough to serve to dinner guests. The discussion at our dinner table was how we were going to snatch someone else’s extra crispy chicken skin without being caught. The carrots are now requested on a regular basis from my daughter.
This recipe is super easy. One of those prep and just let bake.
I tossed the potatoes, carrots and onions with the oil and seasonings in the pan first. Then I moved the vegetables around to make room for the chicken thighs. Rubbed the chicken thighs around in the seasonings to coat and place the pan in the oven.
Crispy chicken and slow roasted vegetables.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 6-8 large potatoes, cut in quarters or halves
- 5-6 carrots, cut in 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 5-10 garlic cloves, whole
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. ( I use heavy duty foil)
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes & carrots with a scrubber and cut them in smaller pieces.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the chicken under running water & also pat dry with paper towel.
- Add chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion & garlic to the lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt, ground pepper, rosemary.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss everything to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- If the potatoes and chicken thighs are soft and easily pierced with the fork they are ready.
- If the chicken and potatoes have not browned up as much as you would like, turn the broil setting on the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Watch carefully.