These bacon paste bbq chicken kebabs are absolutely one of the best things to come off our grill recently. Well, besides my husband’s fabulous ribs, of course! It may be a weird method and make you take pause but you must try this recipe. Smoky bacon, barbecue grilled chicken is a bacon lover’s dream come true. My husband talked about this chicken for days.
Bacon Paste BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Use the food processor and whir up the bacon paste recipe. Strange, right?
Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce. Add the chicken pieces and rub the paste on until completely coated. It’s a little tricky. You might want to wear gloves for this part, I did.
Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Skewer the chicken and grill about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Brush with the barbecue sauce and cook another minute each side.
Serve and enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 6 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, dark brown sugar, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce to combine.
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well coated, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high.
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute or two on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce, if desired.
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by CookingWithJanica