Bakery style chocolate chip muffins anyone? A simple and quick recipe to whip up any morning of the week. These bakery style chocolate chip muffins have a slightly crispy edge, tender, fluffy, moist inside and make a great grab and go breakfast.
Simply whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet with the sugar in another larger bowl. Carefully fold the dry into the wet without over mixing. No prep pics needed for this, right? Good, because I totally forgot. I was so excited about eating these muffins!
Distribute the batter evenly amongst the muffin tin cups. The muffin cups will be really full, don’t panic. Sprinkle a few extra chips on top just to look pretty. Bake.
We have also made these muffins in the 6 cup jumbo muffin tin. (Adjust your baking time, of course.) But, oh my, one gigantic chocolate chip muffin is pure heaven!
Serve warm and enjoy!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (measured properly)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick baking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Toss in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Carefully fold together until JUST combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake the muffins will dry out.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes, then serve warm.
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by CookingClassy