Blue Cheese Dressing
This blue cheese dressing is creamy, tangy, thick, chunky and ah-mazing! It can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes. Really, it’s that easy. Once you try this dressing you will never purchase the pre-made stuff again. I promise.
No special equipment required. In a medium bowl add 1/2 the cheese crumbles and the buttermilk. Mash with the tines of a fork until it resembles large cottage cheese curds.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, pour into your container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This dressing needs time for the flavors to combine. If it’s too thick for your liking add some milk to thin it out. I prefer it thick.
That’s it. I told you, just 5 minutes to prepare. This dressing is perfect as a vegetable dipping, wing dipping, salad and loads more.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 5 oz blue cheese (or gorgonzola) crumbles
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ of the cheese crumbles and buttermilk. Mash with a fork until combined and it resembles large curd cottage cheese.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt, fresh ground black pepper and remaining blue cheese crumbles.
- Stir to well to combine.
- Store in a tight sealing mason jar or other container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.