Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
Homemade blue cheese wedge salad is the easiest salad to prepare, in my opinion. A lot less prepping than your typical chopped salad. It’s crisp, refreshing and the perfect light lunch or dinner. Making your own blue cheese dressing is required for this salad. Don’t even bother with the bottled stuff. Nope, don’t even entertain the idea. I mean it!
Whip up the blue cheese dressing and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. Here’s the recipe: Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Core the iceberg lettuce, remove any limp outer leaves, wash it, dry it and slice in 8 wedges (or 4 larger).
Fry and crumble the bacon, cut the tomatoes and green onions.
Plate the lettuce wedges, sprinkle with the toppings and drizzle with the blue cheese dressing. How fast and easy is this salad?
- For the salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored
- 4 strips bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 3 - 4 medium size tomatoes, cut into wedges (I used Roma)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- For the dressing:
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Make dressing according to instructions, refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Remove any limp outer leaves of the lettuce head, core, wash and let drain/dry.
- Cut the lettuce in half, then cut each half into quartered wedges.
- Place each wedge on a plate, drizzle with the blue cheese dressing, top with a few crumbles of bacon, a sprinkling of green onions and reserved blue cheese chunks.
- Add a few wedges of tomato on the side.
- Grind fresh ground black pepper over the top, if desired.