Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
This brown sugar glazed ham is perfect for the Easter dinner menu. It’s so easy to prep and full of sweet and tangy flavor. This is great for anytime of the year, not just for special occasions! We make it year round for sandwiches. It really is so much better than prepacked lunch meat. Make some homemade sandwich bread and you have the perfect ham sandwich. My husband keeps hinting that we need to purchase a meat slicer but I keep putting him off. I just can’t store one more small kitchen appliance.
For easy clean up line the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and score the top in a diamond pattern. In a small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients.
Pour the glaze evenly over the ham and bake for another 35 minutes.
Just look at that nice sweet and tangy crust! Allow it to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Voila! Easy, right? Plan this meal for your next holiday occasion.
- 1 10 lb smoked cured ham
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup prepared whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Score top into diamond pattern.
- Plac on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 1½ hours.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, whole grain mustard and vinegar.
- Spread glaze evenly over ham. Bake for another 35 minutes.
- Transfe to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving.