Jalapeno poppers, we’ve all had them, and they’re usually very tasty. In this recipe, we mixed it up a bit to add some flavor combinations that just make it POP! You have the spicy from the jalapeno, tanginess of the sharp cheddar cheese and the sweet and salty of the candied bacon. You also get the smoothness of the cream cheese, the crunch of the baked wonton, and the chew from the bacon. All these flavors and textures come together in a perfectly delicious bite. You will feed on these, they are amazingly good!
The first thing you want to do in making your jalapeno poppers is to make your candied bacon. This is a very easy step in the process and can be done beforehand to save actual cooking time. Throw your bacon in a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar and fresh ground pepper. Mix gently to coat the bacon with the brown sugar. Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar over bacon. Then bake your bacon at 325ºF for 50-60 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool. Set aside two slices of bacon if you want to use a few pieces for garnish. Dice into small pieces and set aside.
Candied Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
While your bacon is cooking, you can now prepare your mix for your jalapeno poppers. In a bowl, add the diced jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese. You can set aside some of the diced jalapenos for garnish as well. When ready, add your diced bacon and combine. You can prepare this jalapeno popper filling and refrigerate until you’re ready to use if you like.
Prepare a mini muffin tin by coating with non-stick spray and place a wonton wrapper in each hole. Add 1 tablespoon of your jalapeno popper filling into each wonton cup. If you have any extra, distribute evenly.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with a few diced jalapeno and candied bacon, if you desire.
These jalapeno poppers, I promise, raise the bar. As earlier stated, you get so much flavor and texture in each bite. I highly recommend trying this one out, you will not be disappointed AT ALL! I have to be honest, I made this last batch a little spicier than Leigh cared for. It was an accident but it meant that they were all mine and over the course of a handful of hours, they were all joyfully eaten by me.
They are easy to make and it’s a great recipe. It’s the perfect solution to any party food issue. Add it to your arsenal, you’ll love it.
- 12 Sliced Thick Cut Bacon
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place 12 slices of bacon in bowl
- Add brown sugar and fresh ground pepper
- Stir until bacon is covered in brown sugar
- Bake for 50-60 minutes
- Allow to cool, dice into small pieces
- Add diced candied bacon, diced jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese to a bowl
- Mix until combined
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking
- Place one wonton wrapper in each cup, forming it to the cup gently, to prevent tearing
- Add 1 Tablespoon Jalapeno Poppers filling to each cup, distribute evenly any extra filling if needed
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, add bacon and jalapeno garnish, if wanted.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes