Cardamom Pistachio Cookies
These cardamom pistachio cookies are full of warm, slightly spicy flavor. Cardamom was a new spice to me and my family. I have read a ton of recipes using this spice and decided to try it for myself. This stuff was pretty pricey at our local grocery stores. I happen to find cardamom at local Indian grocery store. Their prices were way more reasonable.
All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in the food processor (except the pistachios). Fast, easy and really quick to clean up. I’m all in!
You pulse until it forms a dough.
Dump out the dough and roll it into a log.
Roll the dough in the pistachios to cover generously. Wrap the dough and refrigerate overnight for the best flavor. You could bake after refrigerating for an hour but the cardamom flavor will not be as strong. (I allowed the dough to refrigerate overnight. But I also noticed the cookies were even better the day after baking.)
Slice and bake.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 heaped tsp ground cardamom
- zest of half a lemon
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Add the flour, salt, confectioners sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cardamon and butter to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a dough forms.
- Remove from the food processor and roll into a log of roughly 2½" in diameter.
- Roll the dough log in the chopped pistachios.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight to allow the cardamon and lemon zest to fully infuse the dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough into 24 cookies and bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges begin to golden. (mine baked 14 minutes)
- Cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from deliciouseveryday