Cauliflower mac and cheese may not be the healthiest way to eat cauliflower but it certainly is worth the risk. Creamy, cheesy and indulgent. Even the pickiest kid will like this dish. And the reluctant adult (my husband) will request low carb cauliflower mac and cheese on a regular basis.
Chop the cauliflower into bite size pieces, boil them in a large pot for about 5 minutes. Drain very well, place back into the hot pot. This will help dry up some of the moisture remaining. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish.
Make the sauce, pour evenly over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake.
Let cool about 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! Easy cauliflower mac and cheese without the mac.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, divided (reserve ½ cup for topping)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and place back into the hot pot for a few minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1½ cups of the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts about 1 to 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes then serve.
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by FoodNetwork