Chicken Burrito Bowls
Chicken burrito bowls are the perfect healthy meal made at home. Mexican rice topped with spicy chicken, black beans, corn, lettuce and/or any toppings you like. There is no need to go to Chipotle! Stay in, save money and enjoy a way more flavorful meal at home.
Plan ahead and use our Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipe. It’s an easy dump and set recipe you can use in all sorts of Mexican recipe. This chicken is chock full of flavor!
Prepare a batch of our easy Mexican Rice. Prep all the other toppings and assemble the bowls.
This easy Chicken Burrito Bowl is healthy and fresh tasting. What’s great about it too is you can choose your own toppings. This would be perfect for a crowd. Just set it up buffet style and let everyone build their own bowl.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Mexican Rice
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (we used orange bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the slow cooker Mexican chicken.
- Prepare the rice about 40 minutes before meal time.
- To make the sour cream sauce: mix sour cream, lime
juiceand salt. Set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Drizzle the cream sauce over the top and serve.
Recipe adapted from TwoHealthyKitchens