Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken lettuce wraps are a weeknight DREAM. It’s super fast and easy. Plus simply delicious!! I doubled this recipe (my sister came to visit) and it worked perfectly. Why eat out when you can make this at home tonight.
With the use of ground chicken and pre diced water chestnuts most of the work is done for you. We have made lettuce wraps by dicing our own chicken and I promise using ground chicken is way easier.
Healthy, quick, easy, delicious and a dish the entire family enjoys…I’m IN!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger ( or 2 tsp fresh ginger)
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 - 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter, iceburg, romaine (your choice) lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf.
Recipe adapted from damndelicious