Cilantro lime slaw shrimp tacos topped with a lime cream sauce are a fresh, tasty, quick and easy meal. Crunchy, fresh, bright, tangy and delicious! Great warm weather meal in no time. Prep is the longest part of this recipe. The shrimp cook in less than 5 minutes, so it’s great for a busy weeknight.
Prepare the shrimp with the seasonings, allow to marinate for about 10-15 minutes while you prep the slaw and cream sauce.
These easy shrimp tacos were such a hit at our table I plan on making them all summer. Just like our Shrimp Stacks! It’s going to be a Summer Shrimp Fest at our house. I could literally eat shrimp daily if only my family felt the same.
Make the slaw and sauce, set aside and allow the flavors to combine. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour the shrimp in and sear 1-2 minutes each side. Immediately transfer the shrimp to a plate. You don’t want to overcook the shrimp by leaving them in the hot pan.
Assemble the cilantro lime slaw shrimp tacos by warming the tortillas, layer two on top of each other. Layer with the slaw, a couple of shrimp, avocado, jalapenos, and sauce. Serve immediately.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 green onions, diced (we use the green tops only)
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Toppings: avocados (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
- In a medium bowl add the green cabbage, purple cabbage, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno and juice of 1 lime and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream, cilantro and remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the shrimp into the hot skillet and sear on one side for 1-2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, sear on the other side until pink all the way through, no longer opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Assemble tacos, layer two tortillas on top of each other, top with the slaw, a few shrimp, avocado and cream sauce.