Classic Hello Dolly Cookies are a crowd-pleasing bar cookie perfect for gatherings or just an every day treat. (Ok, maybe not every day.) Also known as Seven Layer Bars or Magic Bars. An easy dessert that promises delicious layers of sweet goodness! I used my mother’s recipe that she made for years. I just changed a few things. I doubled the amount of coconut and used 1/2 cup of butter instead of margarine. I don’t even buy margarine, do you?
While the oven is preheating melt the butter in a 9×13 baking pan. Prep the ingredients so all you have to do once the butter is melted is layer them in the baking pan. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly and press lightly into the melted butter. Sprinkle the coconut evenly over the graham cracker crumbs.
Layer the remaining ingredients in order listed.
Bake, cool completely, serve!
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1½ cups graham crackers (crushed)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, melt the butter in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or baggie.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter in the bottom of the pan, press lightly into the butter.
- Evenly cover the crust with the coconut flakes, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and pecans. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Watch it closely until the edges are golden brown. You want to be careful not to burn the coconut and it can happen very quickly.
- Let cool about 5 minutes and run a knife around the edges of the pan to prevent sticking.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into squares.