Dark chocolate biscotti is not just for the Christmas holidays! Yes, biscotti makes great gifts but it also makes great coffee break snacks. Dark chocolate with chocolate chips biscotti is a scrumptious indulgent treat. I’ve been addicted to biscotti ever since I discovered how easy it is to make. You will be seeing way more varieties of this divine little cookie coming to the blog.
Dark Chocolate Biscotti
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
Stir in the flour until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips. Form two 12×2 logs and bake for 30 mins.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes. (long enough to easily handle) Slice on the bias about 3/4″ thick. Lay back on the baking sheet flat side down and bake another 10 minutes or until crisp.
Let cool. Brew your espresso and enjoy your homemade dark chocolate biscotti.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Prep a large baking sheet by lining with parchment, baking mat, or with butter and flour.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Add vanilla extract and combine well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix to form a stiff dough. Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Flour or slightly wet your hands and form dough into two slightly flattened logs on prepared baking sheets, each approximately 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, or long enough to handle easily.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut diagonally into ¾ inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on a rack.
Recipe inspired by ChocolateChocolateandMore