Easy bacon potato salad is a great side dish for your bbq’s and picnics. Creamy, slightly tangy and loaded with bacon! We normally make a southern style potato salad but this recipe changes it up for us from time to time. It just depends on our mood.
Easy Bacon Potato Salad
It’s quick and has very few ingredients. Wash, chop and boil the potatoes. We use red potatoes or baby golds. I found baby gold potatoes on sale this week.
Allow the potatoes to cool. Mix the dressing ingredients in a very large bowl. Add the potatoes, celery, green onions and bacon. Toss gently until all the potatoes are generously covered in the dressing. We added the bacon last so we could set aside some for my vegetarian daughter.
Cover tightly and refrigerate for about an hour. Overnight is even better, the flavors really come together.
An easy bacon potato salad that’s sure to please! Serve alongside your favorite barbecued meat. We were having an unusual spring-like day and had a craving for ribs!
- 3 pounds medium baby gold or red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1½ Tbsp white vinegar
- ¾ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks, chopped small
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potato chunks in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery salt, and pepper. celery, onion, eggs, and bacon. Mix until well combined. Add potatoes, celery, onions, and bacon stir gently until coated.
- Chill for about 1 hour or overnight.
- Garnish with additional diced green onions. (optional)