Easy blackberry cobbler is a recipe from my mother. She always used it for peach cobbler. I just happened to find blackberries on sale and decided to give it a try. The only changes I made were adding vanilla and salt! It’s simple, quick and delicious. Dessert doesn’t get much easier.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler
Dump and bake recipes are the best, aren’t they? In the preheating oven melt the butter in the baking dish.
Pour the milk mixture over the melted butter, sprinkle the fruit evenly over the batter, DO NOT STIR and bake.
Serve warm with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. I personally think that’s the only way to eat cobbler.
Put those gorgeous berries to use this year, cobblers are always easy. Not to mention a delicious crowd pleasing dessert.
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a 1.5-quart baking dish while preheating the oven.
- In a large bowl, gently combine fruit and ½ cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk remaining ½ cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and milk.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, do not stir.
- Distribute the fruit evenly on top of the batter, but DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Delicious Recipes