Easy chicken and broccoli stir fry is a healthy meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes. This recipe packs a flavorful and nutritious punch! It comes together incredibly fast and the vegetables are easily interchangeable. The sauce is lip smacking good! So skip the take-out and make this easy chicken and broccoli stir fry at home tonight.
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Add the broccoli and peppers, saute for about 5 minutes. Remove the broccoli and peppers. Add the remaining oil and chicken, saute for about 3-4 minutes on each side. When chicken is done add the garlic, ginger and saute for 1 minute.
Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook an additional few minutes to warm through.
In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Saute another minute.
Serve this easy chicken and broccoli stir-fry over rice, if desired.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (more if desired)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers and saute for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet to a plate and cover.
- Place the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with the pepper and add them to the skillet in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds to a minute more.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a small bowl whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 1 minute or so, until it just starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately with rice, if desired.
Recipe inspired by DinnerAtTheZoo