Easy creamy turkey tetrazzini is the perfect way to use leftover turkey. Don’t know what to do with all the turkey leftover from Thanksgiving or Christmas? This is the leftover turkey recipe for you! No canned soups in this turkey tetrazzini, it’s all from scratch. Tastes 100 times better!
Easy Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
First, chop the leftover turkey into bitesize pieces and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350º. In a large pot of salted water boil the spaghetti al dente. Saute the onion until soft. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the turkey stock (or chicken) and milk. Whisk frequently until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of parmesan, remove from the heat. Make your own turkey stock from the remaining turkey carcass. It gives this dish so much more turkey flavor.
Stir the turkey, cream sauce and sweet peas into the drained noodles. Pour into the casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Easy Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini is a classic comfort food leftover turkey recipe.
- 8 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups turkey stock (or chicken)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1¾ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and place back in the pot.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onions until tender 5-10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute or two. Add the butter to the pan, once melted whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the turkey stock and milk. Cook and whisk until it comes to boil and starts to thicken. Stir in 1¼ cups of Parmesan cheese and remove from the heat.
- Stir the turkey, peas and cream mixture into the cooked spaghetti.
- Pour into the baking dish, spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
More Delicious Recipes
Adapted from AllRecipes