Fresh Strawberry Pie
Strawberries were on sale so we decided to make pie! This fresh strawberry pie recipe is really simple. The next time you find strawberries on sale buy a bunch and make this easy recipe. If you are planning on making the pie crust yourself, purchase a back up. I wish I had. Instead I had to make another trip to the store.
I did attempt a homemade crust but I failed yet again. I WILL conquer homemade crust!! I just have to keep trying. The next time I make this pie I am going to cut the strawberries smaller.
- 2 lbsFresh strawberries
- 1 Deep dish pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Water
- 4 Tbl. Cornstarch
- 1 box strawberry jello powder
- Prepare the pie crust as directed.
- Set aside.
- Clean & trim strawberries.
- Add strawberries to the pie crust.
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Boil until clear.
- Remove from heat and add the strawberry jello powder.
- Pour the mixture over all the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the pie until ready to serve.
Recipe from twotwentyone