The best ever grilled chicken marinade recipe by far! For years we used Dale’s Steak Seasoning and then switched to Moore’s Original Marinade for the lower sodium content. I would mix those marinades with bottled Italian dressing and just go with it. Why not make a homemade version, right? Please don’t let the ingredient list frighten you away. I PROMISE this is the best marinade you will ever try and it’s super easy. It is 100 times better than any store-bought kind.
Best Ever Grilled Chicken Marinade
This marinade imparts the ultimate flavor experience and produces a juicy tender piece of grilled chicken. We grill year round and this chicken was planned for our lunches. Every week I make a large salad to keep in the fridge. It’s lunch for me most days. But my husband has to be coaxed to eat salad on a regular basis. Well, this week he actually asked for salads with grilled chicken for his lunches. (We’ll see how long this lasts.)
Just whisk the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour. We usually go for 3-4 hours. We also like cutting the chicken breasts into strips. This infuses more marinade flavor and allows for more grilled crispiness (my favorite part) on the chicken pieces.
Grill the chicken 3-6 minutes each side. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken. Do NOT over cook! No one likes dry chicken.
Serve and enjoy! This marinade also works great for pork too.
Best Ever Chicken Marinade
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the chicken in a zip bag or covered container, pour the marinade over and mix the marinade around to cover evenly.
- Marinate at least 1 hour but 2-4 hours is preferred.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat about 375-425 degrees F.
- Grill the chicken 3-6 minutes each side until cooked through. Chicken should be at 165 degrees F at its thickest part.
If you're not a thyme kind of person just omit.
More Grilling Recipes