We decided to give healthy whole wheat banana muffins in our continued efforts to drop some pounds. We enjoy our regular baked goods, apparently too much. You know the good kind with all-purpose flour, sugar, fat and all that good stuff. I was hoping these would keep my husband from the drive-thru every morning. Much to our surprise, they are crazy delicious! Even my daughter loved them.
Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
You are swapping out the white flour for whole wheat, oil/butter for applesauce and Greek yogurt and granulated sugar for raw honey. We are not fans of Greek yogurt but we were willing to give it a try in a baked good.
Just combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. Combine and fill the muffin pan. Just as you would any muffin recipe.
Bake at 375° degrees for 22 minutes. That’s it, so easy! I promise you will be just as surprised how these whole wheat banana muffins taste.
- 1⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg then add mashed bananas, applesauce, honey, vanilla, and yogurt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full and bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool, remove from the pan and serve
(Nutrition information based on CalorieCount. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee the information)
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe was inspired by EatYourselfSkinny