Honey Mustard Pretzels
Honey mustard pretzels are an easy homemade snack. Slightly sweet, a little salty with a nice tang from the mustard. These pretzels would be great for an after school snack or any party. Make a double batch because they won’t last long. You will be lucky if there is any left for you to enjoy. At least that’s what happened at my house.
We tried a few recipes with regular yellow mustard and they just weren’t tangy enough. So we switched to dijon mustard and added more ground mustard. That’s the ticket! They couldn’t be simpler to make. In a large bowl combine the pretzels with the sauce mixture. Then bake in a low oven for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. That’s it…so easy. I’m looking forward to trying other flavors as well.
Let them cool then separate them. Some tend to stick together. Grab a cold beer, put the game on and enjoy!
- 1 - 15 to 16 oz bag mini pretzels
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt the butter , add in the honey, dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and dried mustard. Whisk to combine.
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the pretzels and stir gently to coat evenly. Place pretzels on a large baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow cooling then separate the one's that stuck together and serve.