Horseradish sour cream roasted asparagus is my daughter’s favorite way to eat asparagus. We spent Christmas at my sister’s house one year and they served this side dish. So, I have listened to her beg for this recipe for almost four years. Well, I kept forgetting to ask for the recipe, until now.
Another really simple recipe. Clean, trim and pat dry the asparagus. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Place the asparagus on the sheet pan and toss with the olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 425º. Roast the asparagus for about 10 minutes. You could certainly steam the asparagus, we just prefer it roasted.
Meanwhile mix the horseradish cream sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
Remove the pan from the oven and spoon the sauce over the asparagus. Bake for another 4-5 minutes to heat the horseradish sour cream sauce all the way through.
Serve immediately. Perfect side for your Easter dinner or any holiday meal!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2½ teaspoons horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Clean, trim and pat dry the asparagus. Spread the asparagus out on the sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, horseradish, and garlic salt.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spoon the sauce mixture over asparagus.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.