Marinated Carrot Sticks
These marinated carrot sticks have been a favorite of mine since childhood. My aunt would make them for every family gathering and my cousin and I would fight over them. They have become a staple in our house. Instead of chips I eat these with a sandwich or just as a snack. We also have them on a crudite platter for family gatherings.
Cut carrots into sticks. I cut mine to the height of the jar I’m using.
Place them in the jar. I just cut as many carrots as will fit in the particular jar I’m using.
Add seasonings, oil and vinegar.
Place the lid on and give them a good shake to mix the seasonings. Refrigerate. I lay mine on it’s side and rotate occasionally. The carrots take several hours to overnight to marinate.
You can add more carrots to the marinated as you eat them but they will not have as strong of a flavor. I try this all the time and am always disappointed.
- 8 Carrots peeled & cut into thin sticks
- 3 T. Vinegar
- 3 T. Vegetable or Canola Oil
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp. Seasoned Salt
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Minced fresh or dried parsley sprinkled on top (optional)
- Place carrots in a jar with a lid.
- Mix in all of the above listed ingredients.
- Cover tightly, shake well and refrigerate. Turning occasionally.
- Marinate for several hours to overnight. (overnight is the best option)