No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Bit Ice Cream
I was curious about this no churn ice cream method. I had the ingredients on hand and decided to give it a try. I was shocked at how easy and yummy (yes I said yummy) this ice cream turned out. It made a big impression on my husband and I was quite surprised myself. I was going to just make a vanilla ice cream but I had the other ingredients just starring at me from my cupboards.
The coarse sea salt is not pictured. I swear I will get better with this photo thing.
Whip the cream with the condensed milk until light & creamy. Stir in the toffee bits, then just barely stir in the coarse salt.
Pour the mixture into your freezer safe container. Pour the caramel over the top, then swirl into the cream mixture.
Cover and freeze. This ice cream stays soft and creamy! Way better than store bought ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Combine whipping cream & sweetened condensed milk in mixer bowl
- Beat on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, until light and creamy
- Stir in toffee bits, then slightly stir in coarse salt.
- Pour into freezer safe container, then pour caramel sauce over the top
- Drag the caramel sauce through the mixture to swirl throughout
- Cover & freeze 6-8 hours, preferably overnight
- This recipe makes approx 4 cups.
Recipe adapted from kleinworthco