No knead skillet bread is a super easy, simple bread recipe that whips up quick. Yes, you can have fresh, warm homemade bread on the dinner table tonight! It’s just that easy. This bread has a crusty outside and soft warm flavorful middle. Pull out that trusty cast iron skillet and put it to use.
No Knead Skillet Bread
It’s basic, mix the ingredients and allow to double in size. The first rise usually takes only one hour.
The dough will be sticky, so flour your hands. Remove it to the cast iron skillet that’s coated with olive oil. Allow to rise again about 30 minutes.
Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Next time I’m going to incorporate some herbs and maybe some cheese.
Serve and enjoy homemade fresh baked, no knead, cast iron skillet bread with your dinner!
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast (1 packet)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast and water. Add half the flour and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the salt and remaining flour and stir until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil over the bottom of a 10 or 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the dough and your hands with flour before shaping it into a disk. The dough will be sticky, it doesn’t have to shape perfectly. Place it in the skillet, cover loosely with oil sprayed plastic wrap, let rise until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle additional olive oil over the top of the bread.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before slicing. (this never happens in my house, so the first piece was squished a little)
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by BakerBettie