Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Oven baked chicken wings can be extra crispy just like fried! As you know, I don’t like to fry foods very often. We have always baked or grilled our chicken wings. I came across this blog post and it has changed the way we bake them forever. Toss the wings with BAKING POWDER! Who knew, right? The baking powder mixed with salt dries out the skin leaving it crispy and crunchy. I’m all in!
Just look at these crispy wings!
This technique is really simple. Toss the dry wings with baking powder and salt.
Place them skin-side up on a rack placed on a large baking sheet. Make clean up easy on yourself by wrapping the baking sheet in foil, then spraying the rack with oil.
Bake them on a low temp to render the fat for 30 minutes then crank up the heat and bake another 40-50 minutes. Golden, crispy, crunchy chicken wings! Update: Some readers are saying it takes them longer to crisp the wings.
Toss them in the wing sauce and serve.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder (NOT BAKING SODA / BI-CARB SODA)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Oil spray
- For the sauce:
- 1 12oz bottle Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ stick butter
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place a rack onto a large baking sheet and spray with non-stick oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with the baking powder and salt. Place wings on the rack in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, raise the heat to 425°F and bake until brown and crispy, 40-50 minutes.
- For the Sauce:
- Combine hot sauce,
worcestershire sauceand butter in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, toss with the sauce to coat and serve.
More Delicious Recipes