Oven Baked Sliders
Here in the south we have a fast food restaurant called Krystal’s. They are very similar to the popular White Castle. We duplicated these little burgers at home. They are the perfect finger food for a party or just a movie night at home.
Mix the ground beef with the onion soup mix. Spread it as thin or thick as you prefer. We chose to make ours a little thicker than Krystal’s. Spread the diced onions evenly on top of the meat. Bake for about 15 minutes. (depending on the thickness)
Remove from the oven and place cheese slices on top. Put back in for 3 – 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Slice the dinner rolls with a serrated knife and place on top of the cheese. Bake another 3 – 5 minutes.
It works best to slice with a large pizza cutter. Use a spatula to remove from the pan and place on bottom bun. Serve.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 package dry Onion soup mix
- 1 small Onion, finely diced
- Any small dinner roll, sliced in half
- Cheese slices
- In a large bowl mix the hamburger and onion soup mix.
- Spread the meat mixture on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Press the meat with your fingers to smooth it out in the pan.
- Sprinkle the onions evenly over the meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. (The meat will shrink)
- Remove the pan from oven and layer the meat with the cheese slices.
- Bake another 3 - 5 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Then add the tops of your rolls and place back in the oven for about 3 - 5 more minutes to warm the buns.
- Take it out of the oven. Slice the meat with a pizza cutter and pick up the slider/top bun with a spatula and set it on the bottom bun.