Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Pumpkin coffee cake! I couldn’t ask for anything more. Well, ok maybe I could and will but not at this moment. Pour a cup of coffee and take a break with a piece of this incredibly moist and full of spice flavor coffee cake. This recipe is a Fall baking must!
Cinnamon, pumpkin seed crumb topping.
Perfect to make when friends drop by during the cold weather months. This recipe is a crowd pleaser.
- ½ cup Cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ⅓ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon All Spice
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Pumpkin seeds, optional (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup White sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup Pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Start by preparing the crumb topping. In a medium bowl cut together with a pastry blender or fork the butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and all spice until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking powder, soda and flour.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or with a hand held mixer , cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Add milk, heavy cream, and vanilla and stir to combine. Add pumpkin puree. Slowly pour dry ingredients into the wet and stir until fully combined.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with half of the crumb topping and pour remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture and pumpkin seeds (if using) and place in the oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool about 15 minutes before cutting into slices.