Pumpkin spice bundt cake is simply the perfect cake for fall. Moist, tender and chock full of pumpkin spice fall flavor. This cake is so simple you will be baking it all season long. Start your Fall cooking with this pumpkin spice bundt cake, then move onto this pumpkin cinnamon swirl bread!
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
Prep the bundt cake with baking spray or butter and flour. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside. Mix the pumpkin, buttermilk, and vanilla in a large measuring cup, set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together until nice and fluffy. Add the eggs until incorporated. Alternate in thirds the flour and pumpkin mixture, ending with the flour.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick, comes out fairly clean. Crumbs are fine but the wet batter is no good. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. This cake doesn’t need anything else but it looks pretty, right? Just look at that moist, tender crumb studded with flecks of Fall spices.
The aroma wafting through your home while this pumpkin spice bundt cake bakes is pure Fall happiness.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cups canned pumpkin (not pie mix)
- ¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix pumpkin, buttermilk, and vanilla in another bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add eggs and beat until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour and pumpkin mixtures, alternating (beginning and ending with flour mixture). Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Crumbs on the toothpick are okay but no wet batter.
- Cool about 10 minutes in the pan, turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by CozyCakesCottage