Queso dip is our favorite go-to at a Mexican restaurant. No need to go out just make it at home. It’s so simple with very few ingredients. A great recipe for any party or gathering.
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and warm gently to melt and combine. This process takes some time so just be patient and stir often.
Ooey, gooey, delicious restaurant-style cheese dip. Serve and enjoy! Who doesn’t love cheese dip?
Restaurant Style Queso Dip - Make your favorite Mexican restaurant dip at home. This stuff is SO GOOD!
- 1 pound white American cheese
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk (maybe more if you want it thinner)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 3-4 pickled jalapeno peppers - chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper - a pinch
Place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
Heat until melted - stirring frequently.
Add more milk if you like it thinner.
Serve immediately with chips.
We used 3/4 cup of milk.