Rosemary garlic grilled baby potato skewers are a great side dish for those summer barbecues. Fluffy inside, slightly crispy outside, infused with herb and garlic flavor. Everyone loves potatoes on a stick, right? Or any food on a stick?!
Easy and can be made ahead. Parboil the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Cool, place in a large zip-top bag, pour in the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Give it a good shake and massage to distribute the seasonings. Allow it to marinate for several hours up to 24.
Preheat the grill, skewer the potatoes. Grill the potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes, turning them as needed.
Grilled baby potato kebabs are loaded with great rosemary, garlic flavor and are sure to please everyone. So easy to make ahead you will be making them everytime you light the grill. We served them with my husband’s amazing ribs.
Just slide them off the skewers and serve. Or just hand everyone a skewer and let them go to town. Careful they will be hot!
- 2 - 28oz bags baby potatoes (3½ pounds)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2½ teaspoons sea salt (divided)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6-8 large garlic cloves, cracked
- 1 large gallon zip bag
- Parboil the potatoes in a large pot of water to cover the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Boil them about 10 minutes, long enough that you can just stick a fork or knife in but with some resistance ( this will vary depending on the size of the potatoes)
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Allow cooling to just warm but not hot.
- Place the potatoes in the freezer bag.
- Pour in the oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the bag, shake and massage around to distribute the oil and herbs all over the potatoes.
- Leave to marinade for as long as you can but at least 2 hours. I just leave them on the counter. They can be prepared like this up to 24 hours in advance.
- When you are ready to cook the potatoes, remove from the bag and thread onto skewers.
- Place on the grill and cook for around 20 - 30 minutes, turning as needed.
- Once golden brown, very soft and slightly charred, remove from the grill and serve.