Sausage hashbrown breakfast casserole is the easiest way to feed a crowd. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and you can make it the night before and refrigerate until the next morning. Sausage, hashbrowns, eggs, and cheese are all your favorite breakfast foods baked in one dish.
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Cook the sausage and bells peppers. When almost cooked through toss in the green onions.
In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the hash browns, cooked sausage mixture, cheese, and mix to combine.
Pour into the casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. This is when you can cover and refrigerate overnight. Or bake at 350º for 55-60 minutes.
Serve and enjoy a stress-free breakfast with your family and guests.
Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 cup bell pepper (we use red and/or yellow)
- 1 cup green onions, diced (about 5-6)
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish, set aside.
- Cook the sausage and bell peppers until the meat is cooked through and the peppers are softened.
- Add in the green onions, mix and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and ground mustard. Add in the hash browns, 2 cups pepper jack cheese, and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Or cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning remove the baking dish from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before baking, follow baking instructions.
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by TasteOfHome