A savory chicken salad is the only chicken salad my family will eat. No fruit, no nuts! We are not fans of the typically sweet, fruity, nutty chicken salad. Nor do we like boiled eggs and a sweet pickle relish in our chicken salad. So I’ve always just made my own version. The crunch in our savory chicken salad comes from celery. If you’re not a celery fan then this chicken salad is not for you.
Debone a whole cooked chicken. Store-bought rotisserie chicken is perfect for this easy chicken salad. Or make this Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken. You can also poach or roast a couple of chicken breasts.
I despise shredding meat. The easiest way I’ve found to shred chicken is with an electric mixer.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and serve.
Serve on your favorite sandwich bread, crackers or just a bed of lettuce. If you’re like us and prefer a less sweet chicken salad you are going to love this recipe.
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- ¾ cup celery, diced small
- ¾ cup mayo
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Debone and shred the cooked chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mayo, pepper, salt, celery salt, dried dill, and dried parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!