Savory Herb and Cheese Biscotti
Savory herb and cheese biscotti is my new cracker. I have a new found love for biscotti and decided to try a savory type. I really liked the herb and cheese flavor in this savory biscotti recipe. These went great with tomato soup, they were like large dip-able croutons. Which is always a hit with my daughter.
Whisk the dry ingredients together. This was a great recipe to use the herbes de provence just sitting in my spice cabinet.
Beat the goat cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the sugar and eggs and beat until combined.
Form the dough on the prepared baking sheet into a 13″L x 3 1/2″ w log.
Bake 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes then slice on the diagonal. (forgot to take that photo)
Bake again for 15 minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, herbes de Provence, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and goat cheese together until smooth.
- Beat in the sugar and eggs.
- In batches, add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- With lightly floured hands, form the dough into a 13"L x 3½" wide loaf.
- Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes, or cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the loaf to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into ½ inch thick slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack and cool completely.
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis found on eatmedelicious