Gingerbread biscotti is a must make holiday treat and it’s great for gifting to neighbors and friends. It’s loaded with gingerbread holiday flavors and has the perfect crunch. It’s not too hard which I prefer in a biscotti. You don’t need a cup of coffee to enjoy one but it sure does enhance the pleasure!
Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl. Then mix the eggs, sugar, butter and molasses in the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine the dry with the wet.
Divide the dough in half and form each half into a loaf about 10″x 3″.
Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool long enough to handle easily.
Cut on the diagonal into 1/2″ slices with a sharp bread knife. Place back on the cookie sheet and bake again for 7-8 minutes then turn each piece over and bake another 7-8 minutes.
Make several batches, keep some for yourself and share some with friends and neighbors!
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- ¼ cup real molasses
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Optional: Melted white chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and molasses, combining well. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Whisk dry ingredients together to incorporate. Mix dry ingredients together with butter mixture, and continue to work it until thick dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into logs about 10x3 inches. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Pat each log down to about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven (still keep the oven on,) and allow it to cool enough to handle.
- Using a sharp bread knife, cut each log into ½ inch thick diagonal slices. Place each sliced biscotti on its side, and bake about 7-8 minutes. Turn each cookie over and bake another 7-8 minute or until cookies feel dry and are turning crispy.
- Let cool completely to room temp. If desired, drizzle with melted white chocolate or your choice of icing.
Recipe inspired by allrecipes.com