Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
Slow cooker red beans and rice is so full of Cajun flavor and so easy to prepare! We make this recipe at least once a month. The whole family loves this stuff. Eight ingredients, chopped, dumped and cooked for hours. This is perfect to start in the morning before work or a busy day and just forget it until dinner. How easy is that? Who doesn’t need an easy slow cooker recipe every now and then?
Chop and drop all ingredients in the slow cooker, give it a stir. Set the temperature and start. That’s it, just let it cook
Cook for 7 hours and serve with rice. I prefer the taste and texture of andouille sausage but you could use smoked sausage if you like.
- 1 lb bag of dried red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 1 to 1½ pounds andouille sausage (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Creole Seasoning
- Rinse beans thoroughly and put into crock pot.
- Add vegetables, sausage, creole seasoning and water to the beans.
- Cook on high for about 7 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook rice according to package.
- Place desired amount of red beans in the bowl, top with rice and serve.