Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
Slow cooker roasted chicken will become one of your new favorite meals! It’s easy to prep, set and cook. No fuss, no muss! The chicken is super moist, tender and so full of awesome flavor. You can prep this chicken in no time flat before you leave for work. Or better yet, prepare it the night before and place the bowl in the fridge. When you wake up the next morning, remove it from the fridge. I like the insert of the slow cooker to warm to room temperature before placing it in the unit to cook. So I pull it out when I’m scrambling around in the fridge for cream to put in my first cup of coffee.
Place a few small balls of aluminum foil on the bottom of the crock. So the chicken isn’t sitting in it’s own juices while cooking.
Mix spices in a small bowl. (I use this steak seasoning) Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the seasoning mix all over the outside and inside of the chicken. Place the chicken in the crock and set to cook. That’s it! Couldn’t be easier, right?
Carve, serve and enjoy this slow cooker roasted chicken!
- 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 lbs.), insides removed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- (aluminum foil, or thickly-sliced onions or vegetables)
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, steak seasoning, salt, pepper until combined. Rub the seasoning mix all over the outside and inside of the chicken.
- Roll up a few small balls of aluminum foil place them on the bottom of your slow cooker bowl to serve as a "rack" for the chicken, so that it doesn't cook in the juices that will accumulate in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil (or veggies). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker, it could be so tender it will fall apart.