Spicy Cheese Crackers
This spicy cheese cracker recipe was a BIG hit with my clan. Cheesy, spicy, salty and crunchy! If you have never made your own cheese crackers, please give this one a try. If you are making this for the kids just leave out the red pepper flakes. This recipe is quick to come together in the food processor. Which means very little clean up.
Shred the cheese in your food processor. Add the butter, flour, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic and pulse until you achieve a coarse crumb.
Add the milk until it forms a ball.
Roll out the dough until it’s about 1/8″ thick.
Cut into 1″ squares. I used a pizza cutter. Please don’t judge me on the straight lines. I have never been able to cut or draw a straight line.
Place the cheese crackers on a baking sheet and bake.
Enjoy! These are best eaten the day you make them. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. The longer they sit the softer they become.
- 6 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ¼ Cup Butter cut into pieces
- ¾ Cup Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Shred your Cheddar Cheese (if it’s in block form)
- Using a food processor, pulse the cheese, butter, flour, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic into coarse crumbs
- Add your milk and process until a ball forms (I have to add a dribble more milk sometimes)
- Roll our the dough on a floured surface so that it’s ⅛" thick, cut into 1" squares
- Place the crackers on a well greased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until the just start to brown.
- Store in an airtight container. These are best eaten the day you bake them.
Recipe from thetaylorhouse