Spicy seasoned oyster crackers are a must make recipe! These are a big hit at any party or gathering. So easy to make you will wonder why you never made them before now. I know I did. This recipe has been floating around a while with many different variations. This is the one we love.
WARNING: Spicy Oyster Crackers are addictive! You will not be able to eat just one nor will they last long. I make double the recipe at all times.
These spicy seasoned oyster crackers are a no bake recipe. So simple. Mix the oil with spices and pour over the crackers. Two tablespoons of dried red pepper flakes are pretty spicy to me. You can add more or less to your liking. Mix around in the bag or container until all the oil is absorbed. I usually leave them in the bag for an hour or so. We find the crackers are even better the next day. So if you’re having an event this is one of those recipes that is perfect for preparing ahead.
Serve! Try not to eat the entire bag at once by yourself.
- 1 (9 oz) bag oyster crackers
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried red pepper flakes (more or less as desired)
- Place oyster crackers in a gallon zip lock bag. (or plastic container with a lid)
- Mix oil and seasonings in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Pour seasoning mixture evenly over the crackers and gently mix to coat.
- Shake every 5 minutes or so until crackers are coated and no oil settles in the bottom of the bag.