Spinach salad with curry mustard vinaigrette is a favorite in our house. Sometimes you just need to break up that old garden salad routine. The dressing for this salad is what makes this dish, it has a zippy tang that you just can’t resist. It’s so simple and I’m pretty sure you have the ingredients your pantry just waiting to be mixed!
This recipe was shared by a good friend of my sister’s and we have been enjoying it for years! You know the drill, right? Just place all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
Refrigerate while assembling the salad. I use the prepackaged bag of spinach and tear off any long stems. Clean, slice the mushrooms. Boil the eggs. Fry the bacon and crumble.
We place all the toppings in separate bowls so each person can pick and choose which they prefer. My husband doesn’t like mushrooms and my daughter won’t eat bacon. Neither of them will eat purple onion.
Prep your plates with this classic spinach salad with bacon and then drizzle that curry vinaigrette all over and devour! We love this as a meal, especially during the summer months. Right now we are trying to knock off a few holiday pounds (ok, maybe a lot of holiday pounds), so it’s salads for us. Sigh
- 8 oz bag spinach, cleaned
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms (baby bellas)
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- Curry Mustard Vinaigrette:
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white wine (optional)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Boil eggs, slice or chop.
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Toss eggs, bacon, mushrooms, and onion in the bowl with the spinach. Or serve individual plates and allow everyone to pick their own toppings. Which is what we do in our house.