The best tomato cucumber feta salad ever! It’s quick, fresh, light, crunchy, flavorful and addictive! A chop and dress salad at its best.
Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
Just chop the vegetables and herbs. Mix the dressing ingredients. Toss together.
Cube the feta into 1/2″ pieces and gently fold into the salad. Definitely, don’t use crumbled feta. The feta should stay firm for that delicious salty bite.
Just look at the beautiful color of the grape tomato, cucumber, feta, and herbs. I used baby cucumbers, use whichever type you prefer. I happen to love baby cucumbers. They are the perfect size with fewer seeds and no peeling necessary. Red onions or scallions can be used in place of shallots. We just prefer the subtle flavor of shallots in this dish. Red onions can be overpowering for my family.
We will be making this tomato cucumber feta salad all summer long. Perfect side to barbecue meals!
Serve room temperature. Tomatoes don’t fare well after being dressed with oil and vinegar, so this dish will not be as good leftover. But the recipe can easily be cut in half.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 baby cucumbers, sliced
- ½ medium shallot, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pound feta cheese, cubed
- Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots, and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the dressing with the vegetables.
- Dice the feta into ½-inch cubes, crumbling it as little as possible. Gently fold it into the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by BarefootContessa