Turkey Burgers with Mushroom Gravy
This turkey burgers with mushroom gravy recipe is yet another quick weeknight meal. I used prepacked frozen turkey patties that I thawed in the refrigerator while I was at work.
You just saute the vegetables.
Add the yogurt and half & half, season to taste.
Slide the turkey burgers in and coat with the gravy.
Let the sauce cook while the patties warm through again and your DONE! Dinner is served. You can serve over rice, pasta or potatoes. We just ate them as is with all the yummy sauce and veggies on the side.
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- ⅛ tsp. Kosher Salt (or Sea Salt)
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Black pepper
- ½ tsp. Dried Red Chili Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Yogurt
- 4 FL Oz Heavy Whipped Cream/or Half and Half
- Salt to taste
- Turkey Patty:
- 1 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ onion, shredded or minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- In the large mixing bowl add ground turkey and season it.
- Make patties and cook in the fry pan with a few tbsp of oil, or grill it.
- It's done when it is golden on the outside, and internal temperature of the turkey patty is at least 165° F, to kill potentially harmful bacteria.
- Once patties are done cooking, set them aside.
- In the saute pan, add butter and let the butter slightly melt.
- Add chopped scallions, stir for a few seconds, then add minced garlic.
- Stir fry for a minute or so, then add washed, sliced mushrooms, thyme leaves and red chili pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on medium high temperature, stir frying it to prevent from burning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from sandraseasycooking