From Scratch Bakery Style White Cake
White cake made from scratch? Tastes like it came from a bakery? Yes, you can do it yourself ! This is the best white cake recipe I have ever tasted. It’s perfect, I tell you! This cake is light and fluffy not dense and heavy. And the flavor is spot on.
It’s so easy to make that you will never order another birthday cake from a bakery again. Whip up the dry ingredients one bowl, then the wet in another and mix together.
Divide equally amongst 2 round cake pans and bake.
Let the cakes cool completely and frost it with your favorite frosting. I chose a whipped cream frosting because I wasn’t in the mood for anything overly sweet. It was the right choice. You could add a fruit jam spread to the middle and take it a little sweeter. Hmmm, wish I had done that now. Next time, I guess.
A perfect white cake from scratch made in your own kitchen.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ c neutral-flavored oil (I used canola)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups whole milk
- For a Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, well chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, butter and flour 2 8" round cake pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between your cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes (8" pan), 45-50 minutes (6" pan), 20 minutes for cupcakes until the center of the cake springs back when touched.
- Allow cakes to set for 5-10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the whipped cream frosting:
- Place the bowl and whisk attachment for your stand mixer or a metal or glass bowl and beaters for your hand mixer in the fridge or freezer until they are cold.
- Add the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the chilled bowl, and beat on medium-high to high speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat.
- Frost with the whipped cream frosting. or as desired.
Recipe inspired by goodiegodmother